Surrey House Kingston
Thank you for visiting our consultation website.
Salmon Harvester Properties is currently consulting on proposals to redevelop the Surrey House site, on Eden Street, Kingston-upon-Thames.
The site includes Surrey House, an unsightly, vacant former office building constructed in the 1970s and its ground floor retail units, the Bo Concept retail shop on Eden Street and the Hippodrome night club on St James’s Road.
Working with Darling Associates, we are proposing to replace the existing old buildings and poor quality public space, and bring forward new homes and shops as well as enhancements to the public realm, to improve this part of Kingston.
The evolving proposals currently include:
- Completing the shopping circuit in Kingston to the south by providing 50,000 sq ft of new retail space, over two storeys
- Creating up to 270 new homes, with a mix of studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, including on-site affordable homes, all with access to a private communal garden
- Providing a new welcoming public space, which will create a new destination in the town centre and open up views of the United Reformed Church opposite
- Enhancing this neglected part of the town centre
A public exhibition is taking place at Surrey House, 4 Eden Street, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT1 1ER on:
- Thursday 6 July, 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday 8 July, 10am – 2pm
The exhibition boards shown at these events are available to view here.